Mr. Grunsfeld is a founding principal of the firm and heads the Litigation department at Lazar Grunsfeld Elnadav, where he focuses on Personal Injury, Trademark litigation and Real Estate Litigation. Mr. Grunsfeld recently established highly favorable precedent in New York, when he persuaded the New York Appellate Division, First Department, to depart from long-standing precedent in New York, and allow medical malpractice claims where a healthcare provider provides treatment to a patient in violation of the patient’s wishes. This highly lauded Decision was widely reported in the media and the subject of numerous legal essays/articles. The Court Decision is https://www.nycourts.gov/reporter/3dseries/2022/2022_02194.htm
Prior to joining LGE, Mr. Grunsfeld spent more than ten years working at two large Manhattan firms on some of the largest Personal Injury and Commercial Litigation cases in New York.
Honors and Awards:
- Mr. Grunsfeld is AV (preeminent) rated [the highest possible rating] by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Mr. Grunsfeld has been selected to New York Super Lawyers for the last nine years (2014-2022).
- Mr. Grunsfeld is rated 5/5 [the highest possible rating] by Avvo.com.
Pro Bono and Charity work:
Mr. Grunsfeld is a former General Counsel to Barkai Yeshiva and a former member of the Board of Trustees of the school. Mr. Grunsfeld continues to donate time pro bono to Barkai Yeshiva.
In 2017, Mr. Grunsfeld cycled 60 miles and raised $21,000 for Chai Lifeline, a charity dedicated to helping children with cancer and other serious chronic illnesses. (The 510 participating cyclists raised more than eight million dollars for Chai Lifeline!)
In 2018-2019, Mr. Grunsfeld participated in a charity half-marathon, raising more than $10,000 for Renewal, an organization that facilitates kidney donations from altruistic donors (Mr. Grunsfeld is himself an altruistic kidney donor).
Mr. Grunsfeld received a JD Laws from Kings College London (a top-five ranked UK law school).
Recent Reported Decisions of Note
- Greenberg v. Montefiore New Rochelle Hosp., 2022 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 2090
- Century Sports, Inc. v Ross Bicycles, LLC, 2021 US Dist LEXIS 55402 [EDNY Mar. 23, 2021]
- Lion-Aire Corp. v Lion Air Installation, Inc., 2020 US Dist LEXIS 120938 [EDNY July 8, 2020]
- Lifeguard Licensing Corp. v. Kozak, 2019 WL 1386670, (S.D.N.Y. March 12, 2019)
- Ann Arbor T-Shirt Co., LLC v Lifeguard WL 1323784 [ED Mich Apr. 5, 2016]
- Pfeifer v Groisman, 123 AD3d 684 [2d Dept 2014]
- UTC Fire & Sec. Americas Corp., 844 F Supp 2d 366 [SDNY 2012]